Wednesday, May 25, 2005

BE THE ONION

This is it- the last weekend of "Simple Salmon Discovers Lewis and Clark".

The show has been quite the success. We have sold out almost every show and the audiences have loved us!!! They have even laughed at the sketches that are extremely bad (some so bad that I have to brush my teeth with a cat turd, to wash away the filth of my lines).

So far, Directions (all directions have Lewis and Clark somewhere within it- i.e., Lewis and Clark Bridge, Lewis and Clark River, Lewis and Clark Road, you get the idea) is leading the way, with Discovery Cafe (2 folks at a restaurant that serves authentic L&C meals (spoiled salmon, boiled onions, river water) coming in a close 2nd. All of the sketches have been written by local folks.

We kick off this last week, tomorrow night. I am looking forward to this. Being out there and listening to the audience laugh, is pretty awesome. I hope I remember all my lines (9 sketches worth of them- out of 16 sketches). Let me tell you, when you drop a line (forget it) 5 seconds can seem like 5 hours. That silence can freak you out and loosen sphincters. Woof!!!

Speaking of loose sphincters, I was quite the Onion out on the golf course this afternoon. Peeling back that sucker, I found layer after layer of suck waiting for me. I am usually a pretty mediocre golfer, but after almost 2 months of not golfing (I have blown another disk out in my back- feels like I've been kicked in the ole "beanbag" all the time!!!) I was not able to keep the ball in the fairway, shoot straight, chip, drive, etc. I was putting consistently though. Oh, and I lost 6 or 7 balls and found 1. How Pa-thay-tick!!! I must continue though, cause me and some friends are playing in a best ball tournament next month (in Coos Bay, Or). Oh joy...

That's it. The Goddess is now home from her trip to CA and boy howdy am I happy. Now I get to sleep in while she drags the dog outside at 5am- Woo Hoo!!! She rocks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home